ALBERTA GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
- Curriculum Handbooks, Curriculum Summaries and Curriculum Express for Parents - The Curriculum Handbooks for Parents and Curriculum Summaries for Kindergarten to senior high school are available on the Alberta Education website at http://education.alberta.ca/parents/resources.aspx. The handbooks provide in-depth information on what outcomes students are expected to demonstrate at each grade level of the curriculum, and the summaries provide concise grade-at-a-glance information. They are available in general and Catholic versions in English and French.
CURRICULUM INFORMATION AND UPDATES:
Parent Information About the New Math Curriculum:
- Why are Elementary Students Studying Algebra?
- How Can I Help My Child Look Forward To Math?
- Why is My Child Using A Calculator?
- Why Is My Child Doing Problem Solving In Math?
- Personal Strategies for Learning Math
- What is Number Sense?
New Math Revisions: There has been a revision in the Kindergarten to Grade 9 Alberta Mathematics Program of Studies that will be taught in classrooms. Click for more.
Human Sexuality Curriculum
- Human Sexuality Grade 4
- Human Sexuality Grade 5
- Human Sexuality Grade 6
- Human Sexuality Grade 7
- Human Sexuality Grade 8
- Human Sexuality Grade 9
FRENCH IMMERSION RESOURCES
Would you like to help your child with French? Discover Second Language Opportunities
Become a member of Canadian Parents for French at www.cpf.ca