School councils are structured groups of parents, principals, teachers, secondary students, and community representatives who work together to effectively support and enhance student learning.
Schools in the Division have a School Council and all parents and members of the community can participate on the council.
Established school councils:
- focus on what is best for all students in the school
- consider the interests of all school stakeholders
- develop, maintain and reflect the culture of the school
- represent the parent voice in the school community
For information on school council contacts and meeting dates, please visit the schools' websites.
Council of Councils
The Council of Councils is a collaborative group of School Councils' Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and designated members of the Board. The purpose of the Council is to collaborate and receive professional development on issues and topics of common interest to parents. The Council of Councils will typically meet twice a year.
Meeting Dates 2021-2022
- January 17, 2022
- February 28, 2022 | 6pm (ASCA Session: The Assurance Framework: An opportunity for School Council Engagement for GSACRD School Councils)
- March 10, 2022 (ASCA Session for GSACRD School Councils)
- April 4, 2022
Meeting Dates 2020-2021
- February 1, 2021
- May 17, 2021
Meeting Dates 2019-2020
- January 23, 2020
Meeting Dates 2018-2019
- January 21, 2019
- March 11, 2019
Meeting Dates 2017-2018
- November 29, 2017
- May 7, 2018
Meeting Dates 2016/2017
- January 23, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- May 30, 2017