Before coming to school each day, all staff and students must complete the Alberta government’s COVID-19 Information Screening Questionnaire, which is available in multiple languages, to determine whether they can attend or must stay home. Students with COVID-19 symptoms or experiencing illness will not be permitted on the bus.
Because physical distancing is not possible on a bus, to help keep students and staff as safe as possible, the following protocols will be followed:
- Students in Grades K–12 who are physically, psychologically, or developmentally able to wear a mask will be required to do so.
- Students will practice physical distancing while at the bus stop and will line up two-metres apart.
- Students will be assigned seats using a seating plan that limits close contact with others when possible.
- Students will sit with members of the same household when possible.
- Students will be taught and reminded of how to respect physical distancing.
- There will be a protective zone between the driver and student passengers, with no person seated in the seat directly behind the bus driver.
- The bus will be cleaned according to COVID-19 cleaning standards.
- High-contact areas will be cleaned throughout the day.
- A deep clean of buses used will be completed daily.