Substitute Teaching and Support Positions
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools will post employment opportunities for substitute teachers and/or support staff as they become available. Please click on the appropriate button on the Employment Opportunites page to view any available postings.
All applicants are asked to complete the TeacherInsight Assessment or the SupportInsight Assessment - please see the Teacher, Support and Principal insight Assessment page for more information.
Please note this District has a preference for employing Catholic Staff.
The following documents are required prior to the commencement of employment:
- A faith reference is required. We prefer that you use our Priest Reference Form available in PDF format. Please complete the form and upload it with your application.
- A photocopy of a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate. In order to teach in Alberta you must have an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
To apply for certification, please contact:
Alberta Education, Teaching & Leadership Excellence
2nd Floor, 44 Capital Boulevard Building, 10044-108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 5E6
Phone: (780) 427-2045
- A photocopy of an evaluation for salary purposes (TQS).
Teacher Qualifications Service
Alberta Teachers' Association
Barnett House, 11010 142 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 2R1
Phone: (780)447-9400 or 1-800-232-7208
- For teachers with experience - written Verification of Teaching Experience confirming length of service from former employer(s) including specific number of days taught each school year.
- Photocopy of transcripts.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
- Criminal Record Check available from RCMP Detachments (not older than 6 months).
- Child Intervention Check available from Child & Family Services (not older than 6 months).
- Please note: Applicants are responsible for expenses incurred obtaining required documentation.
For more information contact:
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools
6 St. Vital Avenue
St. Albert, AB T8N 1K2
Phone: (780) 459-7711
Fax: (780) 458-3213