Substitute Teaching and Support Positions
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools will post employment opportunities for substitute teachers and/or support staff as they become available.
View current Employment Opportunities.
Please note this District has a preference for employing Catholic Staff.
The following documents are required prior to the commencement of employment:
- A faith reference is required. We prefer that you use our Priest Reference Form available in PDF format. Please complete the form and upload it with your application.
- A photocopy of a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate. In order to teach in Alberta you must have an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
To apply for certification, please contact:
Alberta Education, Teaching & Leadership Excellence
2nd Floor, 44 Capital Boulevard Building, 10044-108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 5E6
Phone: (780) 427-2045
- A photocopy of an evaluation for salary purposes (TQS).
Teacher Qualifications Service
Alberta Teachers' Association
Barnett House, 11010 142 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 2R1
Phone: (780)447-9400 or 1-800-232-7208
- For teachers with experience - written Verification of Teaching Experience confirming length of service from former employer(s) including specific number of days taught each school year.
- Photocopy of transcripts.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
- Criminal Record Check available from RCMP Detachments (not older than 6 months).
- Child Intervention Check available from Child & Family Services (not older than 6 months).
- Please note: Applicants are responsible for expenses incurred obtaining required documentation.
For more information contact:
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools
6 St. Vital Avenue
St. Albert, AB T8N 1K2
Phone: (780) 459-7711
Fax: (780) 458-3213