Safe Arrival (School Messenger) – Student Absence Reporting
We have upgraded the Safe Arrival absence reporting process to support families in having their children arrive safely to school. For the coming year, we are using a new system that will make it easier for you to report, and respond to, school absences for your child. The new system also integrates with our notification system, School Messenger.
The new student absence reporting system will allow the school to verify student attendance, and quickly notify parents and guardians of absences that were unexpected or unplanned.
Report your child’s absence in advance with 3 convenient methods:
- On a mobile device, install the District App (search “Greater St. Albert Schools” in the Apple App or Google Play stores).
- Select SafeArrival - Attendance - Report an Absence. (Please note, to sign up for the new School Messenger SafeArrival it is best to use a computer)
- On the SafeArrival website, go.schoolmessenger.ca.
- Sign Up to create your account, then select Attendance followed by Report an Absence.
- Call the toll-free number 1-844-818-9908 to report an absence using the automated phone system.
Report future absences using one of these three options 24 hours/day, 7 days a week.
What happens if I do not report my child(s) absence?
If your student is marked absent and it is not explained in advance, the SafeArrival system will send notifications by automated phone call, email, or mobile app push notification to get a reason for the absence. If our system is unable to reach the designated contacts, office staff will follow up. Calls and contacts will continue until you choose an option to explain the absence.
When should I start using the system?
Starting September 7, 2021, please report absences using the new Safe Arrival instead of sending notes or calling/emailing the school.
How do I make sure my child(ren) are set up in the system?
It is important that all contact information on file is the same for each child. Please update your contact information at their school during the last week of August.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact your child’s school the last week of August if you have any questions.