We have completed our analysis of the results of the School Re-Entry Online Education Survey. Thank you to all of the parents/legal guardians who responded to the survey.
Your input helped the Division determine the level of interest parents/legal guardians have in online education for their children. Your feedback also helps us to determine how best to support those students whose families prefer online education.
Below is a summary of the survey results.
- # of participants: 3,735
- Response rate: approximately 65% of all parents/legal guardians (100% if one parent/legal guardian from each family responded)
- # of parents/legal guardians who requested online education for their child(ren): approximately 30%
What does this mean?
The survey results indicated clearly that there is enough interest in online education. Thus, GSACRD will create an online school for our students by re-allocating staff.
> > > Next steps: timeline for online education
- Aug. 17-19: Principals will communicate with parents/legal guardians by email
- Aug. 17-21: Staffing - we will determine who will be teaching courses (English and French) at each grade level
- Aug. 21: Update will be sent to all parents/legal guardians
- Aug. 24-28: Principals will communicate with parents/legal guardians to share important information about:
- which teachers will be teaching online;
- courses that individual students will take;
- the process moving forward for starting classes; and
- what students may need to take part in online courses.
It is during this week that we will need parents/legal guardians to confirm whether they are proceeding with online education or face-to-face education for their child(ren).
- Aug. 28-31: Teachers will communicate with parents/legal guardians about all details regarding programming, including:
- course outlines
- check-ins and
- teacher support
Please reach out to your child's school directly.